Adding your XID on your name in other social networks

Hey dear Citizens, could we vote for this suggestion. (Yes or No)
Will you add your XID on your name in other social networks?

My intention here is to copy what is in this XIO social platform. So with your xid on your name, you will not have to add every time your xid at the the end of your post on other social networks.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t do that.
But I think that if you choose to do it, it should count. If they check it automatically it should be easy to add the search for XID to the title as well as the content.

3 Likes

Definitely not doing that.
I would strongly prefer to remove all public indicators to one’s address and hope that this possibility is coming in the future, rather than a step in the wrong direction.

3 Likes

I agree, most people are not very good at security and knowing the address makes it easier for phishing

2 Likes

Honestly I am already not happy with having wallet addresses public and this is the main reason I have been extremely hesitant to participate in the XSI - I do not like the idea of publicly broadcasting to the world our wallet addresses. I think if we added our XID to our social media accounts this would take it a step further which I would not be a fan of at all - I really do not think this is something we should be funding towards - Having the XID public within our social media profiles provides no benefit to the project.

4 Likes

I vote yes for citizens who already putting their XID at the end of their posts on other socials (twitter, facebook, telegram…) There is not a major change for them, just that there will not have to put it every time on their posts, if the team decide to consider the XID on their names.

For citizens who don’t like their address to be public. I suggest to find a way to attribute a code which is attach to each XID. I think, maybe this xio social platform could help to do this.

2 Likes

Also a no for me.
I’m on Crypto Twitter for various reasons and not only XIO. Also typing the ID does not bother me.

2 Likes

I think this will be a bit over kill for me. Don’t need everything I do online on social media to be related til XIO. But those who do this should be rewarded for sure. Just not for me :grinning:

2 Likes

It is a Nay for me (no).
I use my social network accounts for many reasons, not only cryptocurrencies, and not only xio network. I wouldn’t put my xid on my name because 90% of my contacts wouldn’t understand

2 Likes

I think I better understand what you were saying in your original post. I think you meant rather than having your XID in the post itself, you would rather have it in your profile or somewhere else.

If this is what you meant, I would argue that there is no need to have the XID at all - The XSI could have our Twitter handles in a database and just forgo the need to use the XID altogether - both in our profiles and posts. I think this is the better route if we are looking to propose changes to how XSI operates. I would imagine there is some reason the team wanted to keep the XID as a postable keyword - it could be legacy when the best way to find these posts was using a search term for the XID’s or it could be because they want to be able to track across multiple accounts or when a post is retweeted/quoted - maybe this still provides credit?

5 Likes

Not a big fan of it for the security implications - I’d rather they let us create a new XID and just do a mapping table to our wallet addresses. A bit more work for the team but seems like that could be automated. I’ve seen at least one youtuber a while back basically say there’s no chance he’ll do XSI seemingly for this reason.

2 Likes

It would be a no to me. I want to keep typing the XID when it needed, that’s ok to me.

2 Likes

That’s what I mean @umarsa. Personally, each time a make a post and have to put my XID a the end, is like I was asking rewards for what I have just wrote. So sometimes, Citizens contributions couldn’t be objectives. This is why I really appreciate this xio social platform, because there some kind of freedom in writing.
It will be very nice if there was a possibility to post without our XID, maybe by linking our twitter or telegram handles to our XID as you were suggesting.

2 Likes

Hey @Pseudotwit, maybe the 90% of your contact will be curious to hear more about XIO project. You don’t think so?

2 Likes

Not really, since 90% Of my contacts do not know what cryptocurrencies are… Sadly (or luckily) a lot of people do not know bitcoin, let alone xio or other altcoins… Yet

Anyway, I think that registering our social media informations (usernames) in our xio social platform could do the same trick. We can link our twitter ha del to our xid, here on this website, and automatically track our xid credits, don’t you guys think?

Same goes for Facebook and telegram… It could be like the old bounty hunters platforms people used to farm new tokens from ico in 2017

5 Likes

This will be perfect.

2 Likes

I think this is exactly what we should be heading to.

Still, when putting writing down your XID it does give our community additional exposure across different social media platforms.
Maybe we can implement the XID in a way that provides privacy of your address information. Either by generating a random XID or letting citizens choose their own.

3 Likes

If we had better understanding of what could be done with are xio id we could be more accurate on are own permissions!

3 Likes