It is time to reassess our Mental Mining Program.
We as Blockzerolabs are spending quite a large amount XIO each month on Mental Mining. Without looking at the exact numbers this probably adds up to a monthly amount that could pay for one or two full time developers.
So what value do we as a project receive from the program? Does it add up?
All in all the program has been successful. Since its inception we have established a solid group of active Mental Miners taking part on a regular basis. Some of these earn four digit USD amounts every month for providing critical feedback and innovative ideas. These citizens have become deeply involved and grown strongly connected with the project.
- engage the community: we want people to learn about Blockzerolabs and to become active citizens that can help steer the project and help educate new citizens
- actually collect feedback to create better solutions
These two goals coexist in every XIOfeedback post (not always with a 50-50 weight).
- limited ability to scale because all grading is done in a centralized manner
- current rewards do not correspond to the actual value provided but to the relative value compared to the other participants (leaderboard rank), i.e. it does not matter how much value someone delivers but only on the leaderboard rank.
The main and most pressing adjustment to discuss today is changing the reward structure in such a way that it will no longer be a fixed amount of XIO people can earn but rather a variable amount that relates to the number and importance of XIOfeedback posts discussed over a month.
- Each XIOfeedback (Mental Mining Task) will be allocated a predefined amount of XIO, e.g. 1000 XIO for a standard post and 2500 XIO for a priority post.
- The post will be open for commenting (feedback) for a duration of 4 days (normal) or 7 days (extended).
- Every comment will be graded along the following logic:
– does it add a new and relevant thought (idea or argument) to the discussion (+1)
– does it contribute in a special way to the discussion (clarifying or summarizing things) (+1)
– at the end of the runtime all credits are added up and the allocated amount XIO is split between all participating citizens proportional to their credits.