Aqua Launch | Do we announce the date? | The bot problem

Some questions about launching and liquidity for Aqua on Uniswap/Sushiswap.

1. Should the launch date be announced?
  2. Does this give time for bots to prepare and cause the normal front running and fake pump?
  3. Do you just let it run it’s normal course since you are getting an airdrop and don’t have to buy Aqua?
  4. What about people not getting an airdrop, but wanting to buy?

Would love to get your views… :thinking:

#XIOsocial
XID-f56A0

DrLuke :stethoscope:

2 Likes
  1. No it should not be announced. Some fake tokens should be created to defeat bots.
  2. I dunno how a bot could do a fake pump. Maybe someone who get airdrop and have a bot could do it.
  3. let the river run. At some point we will get an equilibrium between sell buy market.
  4. They will buy when someone sell. Genuine market.
4 Likes
  1. Should the launch date be announced?
  2. Does this give time for bots to prepare and cause the normal front running and fake pump?

I am sure someone can build a bot to check whether a new token was put on Uniswap and check whether the name is aqua.
I would definitely announce it. We don’t want to be in a situation where someone makes an aqua token (a fake one) and some poor blockzero fan will buy it , cause he doesn’t know it is not the right one. That would definitely make a very bad first impression.

I would also prefer if the liquidity launch and ability to claim aqua was at the same time. Not one week apart like it was with flash.
If someone buys Aqua they should buy from us, that is the whole point of having XIO. Also anyone who bought flash within the first week was quite unprofitable for a while.
If it all happened at once, the pump and dump might be much smaller as the fake pump from bots equalizes the initial dump of tokens on launch.

Note I have never launched a token, so this is just layman opinion XD

3 Likes

Some very interesting points

• I have heard of the fake token option
  • Indeed let the river run
    :stethoscope:
2 Likes

Hi Mindora

I really like your “layman opinion”
Having the Liquidity the same day as the launch is not a bad idea, maybe a good thing to try something different from the FLASH launch.

Thank you
DrLuke :stethoscope:

#XIOsocial

1 Like

Well, if we annnounce it, xio token would probably start a little rally in price :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t complain about that :wink: :wink:

2 Likes

Announce here is the forum that you launched it 30 min ago :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can see the issue of bots front running and pump & dumping on genuine participants being a barrier to adoption.

I would suggest a second air drop or other incentive to increase the likelihood that new participants hold their tokens through the initial dump.
maybe something like high fees/lp apr for the first 3 months or a snapshot a month or two from launch rewarding wallets that have hodl’d.

3 Likes

Good comment

You don’t even need it for that long, normally the price stabalizes after a few days, but I do agree you want to make sure new participants are aware of this so they do not FOMO and then get dumped on by the bots!

2 Likes

New to Blockzero…hi y’all.
If thinking of a second airdrop, why not make it a KPI airdrop like what UMA has proposed: UMA KPI Options and Airdrop. UMA will be airdropping a new… | by Hart Lambur | UMA Project | Feb, 2021 | Medium

1 Like

Hello DrLuke,

I enjoyed the way Flash was launched, and in retrospect IMO launching Flash few days before the token distribution was a good idea.

Bots did make the most of arbitrage but that would continue to happen, for a change we can go for an unscheduled launch.

Later can compare both the approached and choose the best one for future launches.

For people to buy, they can participate in XSI :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Monk

1 Like

Unscheduled launch might not garner the max excitement possible, will it?

I think an unscheduled launch could be interesting!

2 Likes

Tbh I would like to avoid the $FLASH situation when the price was 1$ for a week and then it dumped to a few cents…
Adding liquidity right before launching seems more fair to the ones wanting to buy, since they can buy through the launching dip when some people will sell.
That said, I’m not an expert in how bots and frontrunning works, so I won’t comment about that aspect :slight_smile:

1 Like

Generally as soon as the coin launches on Uniswap the bots front run the buyers and push the price up too far but then very quickly dump and take profits.

If you are not receiving the airdrop it is almost always better to wait some hours, even a day or 2 before you buy any tokens.

Just buy $XIO now and earn your $AQUA daily!

2 Likes

An unscheduled launch creates alot of anticipation and build up in the community… I have seen this in recent Uniswap launches (polkamarkets, Umbrella etc), where people are staying awake all night anticipating the launch. I don’t have an opinion whether this a good or bad thing, but its just a thing.

3 Likes