The first round of community feedback provided some valuable insights. It had been all about discussing our goal with AquaFi and what Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats we can identify. You all have produced really valuable insight and feedback.
Main results from the Community SWOT can be found in this post.
We had originally intended to discuss marketing strategies later and first dive into logo and branding but now the topic came up and some quite interesting ideas are already being discussed.
Creative Marketing Ideas
Which marketing ideas do you have for AquaFi? Whatever ideas you have, please add to this dedicated topic and earn extra credits here.
In this post we are going to explore one idea in depth. One of our very engaged Citizens @AllStuffCrypto recently proposed this marketing strategy for the AquaFi Protocol. We now invite you to provide your feedback:
I was thinking what would be the best way to create excitement for AquaFi release beyond just the citizens of Blockzero. Our target market for the AquaFi protocol is all LP providers of all protocols and not just Blockzero citizens. Therefore I think it will be a good idea to mint additional Aqua tokens to airdrop to LP holders of other projects. Not to all LP holders, but just to the interested ones.
Here is how I propose we can do it:
- Open a LP registration page where current LP providers from supported DEX can go and register their Ethereum address which is holding the LP token. Have a registration deadline which ends 1week before token launch to enable calculations of how many tokens have to be minted.
- Only registered addresses will receive Aqua tokens to claim on release day via the claims dapp. This ensures only interested participants who are likely to use AquaFi but don’t hold any XIO get the airdrops. To prevent gaming the system and only attract genuine liquidity providers, this offer should only be open to Eth addresses that have held an LP token for longer than 1month.
Benefit of this adoption strategy is that we would be advertising the protocol directly to LP providers ahead of aqua launch. We can measure the success of our advertising campaign by the amount of address registrations we are getting and can ramp up marketing before launch if required.
Although there will be extra inflation, I believe this approach would get us maximum exposure to the LP’s and we would be a talking point across many different social channels and groups. I believe the exposure benefits far outweigh the negativity surrounding inflation. LP’s are the lifeblood of this protocol and without them Aquafi will generate no revenue.
Therefore we need to reach out to all LP’s or else the protocol risks failing. Since the airdrop will be limited to registered Eth addresses holding LP tokens for longer than 1 month, the extra inflation would likely target only those who are willing to use the protocol. Therefore I believe this justifies the extra inflation.
Possible questions to discuss here are:
- What do you think about this strategy in general?
- Which LP providers should we focus on? Are there any you would exclude?
- Should we apply any additional eligibility requirements?
- How would you exactly reach out to these liquidity providers?