(A Future for Flash v3)
The future is multi-chain. A number of interesting L1’s are making strides in their quest to become competitive in the current DeFi hegemony. We want to explore which chains are most promising for Blockzero to expand into. Which ones will accumulate and maintain significant market share? What will the DeFi L1 landscape look like in 2-3 years? Help us predict these trends and guide our decision where to focus upon.
Team Flash is evaluating the viability of going mult-chain and we want the community involved in the analysis for this potential strategy. It’s an important decision that will be data informed and that we want to ensure we have clean inputs for.
To do so please take the following steps:
1. Step: Choose and prioritize factors to base a decision on.
2. Step: Collect and add data to compare.
3. Step: Apply and draw your conclusion!
Get some additional insight into this assignment in this video:
We’ve prepared a framework around what we see as the important factors when evaluating potential L1’s. Look at the framework prepared:
In order to effectively compare different solutions we have to decide which dimensions to consider? Describe how you would take this decision and why you think this makes sense.
(When thinking about Flash v3 specifically we have to work with some assumptions. We do not yet know if the protocol will be fully cross-chain compatible or if it can only live on different chains in parallel.)
The framework linked (google sheet) below shows a number of dimensions to compare.
- Which combination of dimensions would you evaluate to take a decision for bringing Flash to a new L1?
- What is your rationale for this?
- How would you prioritize the factors?
- Do you see any factors that are missing?
The framework linked in the google sheet has many missing fields. Please add in those you feel are most important to consider. If possible work directly within the google document. If that is not feasible for you you may also add your findings here.
- Please add in some of the missing data fields in the framework. (Also provide relevant links.)
- Maybe you identify another L1 solution that needs to be added to the framework. Please add lines.
Using the data available, what conclusion do you come to when applying your logic described in no.1? Provide your case for your chosen L1 solution!
Now that you’ve gone through the framework and put together a thought process for using it, apply the framework using the combination of factors you’ve prioritized for and build up a case for including an L1 of your choice in the Flash roadmap.
- What is your conclusion? How do you reach it?
- In your view, what would be the main benefit in choosing something other than Ethereum?
- Why would we want to stick with Ethereum and not expand to any other chain?
- Are there other advantages in using different chains? (Why Layer 1, why not Layer 2?)
- What are some good resources to research and compare different Layer 1 chains?
- Add in some additional data (resource links) into our framework.
This Mental Mining Assignment is quite challenging. Our findings will help position Blockzero for the future. A total of 10,000 XIO is up for grabs and to be shared between all participants relative to the value provided. The discussion will be open for one week. This time the collective allocation of rewards will not start before Friday 24th.
[ again the link to the google sheet if you want to work on the framework ]