After 2 months being away on course it’s awesome too be back! I am a little behind on things but I hope to add some value =)
Why do you think the current proposal is resulting in a split vote? Please present all arguments for and against the current proposal you can think of. (If possible involve other Citizens on the discord in this discussion!) Please make suggestions on how to structure a better proposal.
- I see the split as a difference in ideology between how much weight should be placed on the cryptonaughts. It is an amazing fundraising initiative but ultimately many people will not be able to afford T1 / T2 on ETH, and others be too put off/confused to partake in the AVAX T3 versions due to the learning curve.
- I recognize the benefits in making your cryptonaught more valuable through reward scaling, but it is to the detriment of many in the community who hold XIO, which is ultimately dividing opinion.
Going down the “so what” logic:
- Increased buy pressure for naughts.
- Greater price appreciation for XIO.
- Greater exposure for XIO as a price appreciating asset.
- Feedback loop created.
- Disadvantageous for those who can’t afford/don’t want a cryptonaught.
- resentment created between cryptonaught holders and XIO holders.
- Divided community.
- Reduced XIO unity in the long term.
- Any structure that creates a divide will be bad for the community in the long term.
- If cryptonaught XIO is not able to be staked in the vortex then this could be re-framed. As there is now an imbalance between XIO utility in the NFT and through holding and staking XIO. This imbalance could be made even by a proposal whereby all cryptonaughts had 1.1X multipliers instead of tiered multipliers. Unless the expectations for tiered multipliers are set well in advance of a product launch, introducing them late will cause rifts in my opinion.
What is your personal opinion on how to proceed with the current vote? – Should the outcome be accepted no matter how tight the results? – If accepted, should a follow up amendment vote be made pertaining to the exact percentage of the multipliers for all 3 tiers? – Do you think more discussion will lead to a different (better) outcome?
I think the outcome is leaning heavily towards not passing now, which I think is the right outcome.
However, if XIO in cryptonaughts is not able to be staked, then this imbalance in utility needs to be addressed. I would propose that all Tiers of cryptonaught have the same multiplier to remedy this, which I would suggest is 1.1X and that this is put forward in a new vote to address the utility imbalance.