Assignment – Feedback on New Website

Linking here what I wrote earlier on Discord:

I am focusing on the landing screen impression, specifically what is visualized in the first frame.
There were some changes made to the first feedback I gave earlier, for instance the interstellar yield was replaced with Web3 venture studio.

I would take away the video button because it takes away too much space. Estimated 25% on desktop and mobile (noticed that there was no autoplay on mobile).
Pressing play is unclear what one can expect. I’d rather place a link ‘Watch our story video 1:08’ where it is suitable. There is also a missing link as the video visualizes urban lifestyle whereas the new landing page is about space. Perhaps the escalator scene at the end can be replaced with a spaceship entry?

Another alternative would be to have an onboarding webpage that only consists of short videos?
Dominantly the welcoming message and webpages are done in text, and that is probably most effocient. But I would find it interesting to welcome visitors solely with video or audio stream. These options however make it difficult to navigate since visitors usually have to consume the whole media before they can take actions.

I would take away the yield mission button. The youtube video named 2 primary KPIs and 2 secondary KPIs.
With KPIs my recommendation is to have 1 primary and start with 2 secondaries. It’s not possible to achieve 2 targets with one action. Should you believe that you can achieve them simultaneously, the two objectives are in fact the same or so much interlinked that presenting both probably leads to inefficiencies versus optimizing towards pareto efficiency if you address one at a time.
The primary KPI should be to purchase XIO.

Then the question is why one should do so.
And here I am guessing, but most people will fall for these USPs:
Yield, ‘where is my reward when I do this?’
Ease, ‘I only have two minutes before my boss will call on me’
Recognition, ‘I want instant gratification if I give you these two minutes, no pain just make me feel like a a saint’
Security ‘I hate scammers, can’t afford to lose, can I trust you?’

I can’t see that the landing page addresses any of the above. It focuses on what BZ is about and it’s difficult to see where we differentiate. And here BZ has a lot to offer.

Just as others have written before I see a high risk of confusion, a lot of clutter and a lack of incentives to join.

Ensure a consistent wording and avoid using terms that a new visitor has no clue about.
Keep the target audience in mind.
Reduce KPIs.
Streamline the most valuable customer journey after you mapped it.

1 Like

Talking about points of view :thinking:I got the feeling the website and the navigation though it was a bit “too long” and not immediate… Too much information all at once, it is not simple to graspthe basis of the whole projects… A lot of “missions”, complexity etc… I would have liked something simpler and to the point

This is something that just came into my mind. People that want to invest in the blockzero ecosystem want to see the words APY, APR, VOLUME, Price, as soon as they land on our website. Let’s not kid ourselves here, 90% of people in crypto that could invest and put money in a project like bz, do so to get money back. They follow the best rates and potential in a new crypto token… We should be more clear on what the expected volume, Apr, apy etc are…

2 Likes

Looks way better than the previous websites and the information is easier to find, but it’s somewhat too simple and straightforward, the icons are not moving/ doing anything, the homepage is just a simple scroll from top to bottom instead of each of the 6 screens loading separately with some nice flashy movements, etc.

The homepage. As it stands right now we have 6 different screens: 1. Web 3.0 studio, 2. The planets, 3. The token, 4. The yield, 5. The block, 6. The accelerator. These six screens are just a continuous scroll, and the 4th one (yield) does not even fit entirely on a 16:9 screen. I would rather go with something similar to this theme: Landing Scroll | Folie WordPress Theme Notice how each screen loads separately, with the elements appearing or moving from one side? That looks way better to me than a blank boring homepage.
There’s also the left side menu. When you click on the links it takes you to the specific page, for example this one: Accelerator | Blockzero Labs - Blockzero Labs What I don’t like here are the static icons. I would rather like some animated icons similar to these: https://www.behance.net/gallery/121893815/Iconly-Animation-100-Animated-icons
Right now the only motion graphic on the page is the line moving below the title. Would be nice to see the rocket burning fuel and climbing I guess, or the astronaut moving around in space.

Not many, the website looks pretty good already, it needs just a few adjustments.

I would pay some money to a professional team to built a website instead of doing everything in-house for cheap. Also I would like to see a clear branding manual being built around the logo and visual identity for each new project, so the designers know exactly what visual assets to use and how. Again, pay a professional team for each branding, don’t do it for cheap. Up until now every website you guys built was either made by unprofessionals (the first Flashstake website was horrible to say the least) or made by XIO holders that provided their services. That’s not the way a potentially billion dollar token should do things. Work with professionals > pay significant money > get quality services > profit.

3 Likes
  1. What is your general impression?

Overall, a lot of good ideas in this new website. It fixes some issues with the previous one, such as information on a given subject being grouped together (e.g., yield). On the other hand, I believe there is still a long way to go in terms of consistency: there is still a patchwork feeling due to redirections to external pages (more on that later).

In addition, there is an unprofessional feeling to the current website, exemplified below:

• On the landing page, the “Yield reserves” field is inaccurate. At the time of viewing, the value shown was 10,532,236 USD, while the value in the Gnosis safe (accessed through the “Yield reserves” button) is 8,311,319.92 USD. The difference is significant (roughly 20%), and gives an extremely unprofessional impression from the beginning. This needs to be fixed.
  • Under “The yield”, “Zero core”, “MONTHS” appears truncated on my screen (14")
  • The left menu feels somehow disconnected from the main, center part. For instance, when clicking “The token”, something should happen in the center menu.
  • There is no reference to the team. There should be an additional “The team” section on the left.
  1. Pick one specific aspect and discuss it!

My main concern with the website is consistency: In short, there are still too many links that points to external places. Concretely, on the left panel, out of 10 clickable items, 6 open new tabs without showing anything on the main page (each of the planets, buy XIO, Vote with XIO).

This is in addition to the fact that a significant number of news were presented through medium articles/social media posts, and sometimes contradict what is on the website (due to being outdated): it is difficult to know what information is “cannon”.

The lack of consistency is reinforced by the fact that each project have their own domain name, rather than being gathered under the banner of a single domain name (for instance, flashstake.blockzero.io). This point has been bothering me for a while, because it would be very easy for a bad actor to create a fishing website, such as “flashstakev3.io”, link it on social media/discord while core members are not looking, and scam users.

1. Which difficulties do you see?

It would require a significant amount of work to bring everything together, and might bring back the “TMI” feeling from the previous website. Furthermore, having everything under a single domain name could be an obstacle to letting the projects live their own life after a while.

1. How would you improve it?

Ideally, what I would love to see is all the relevant medium articles being updated and relocated to the blockzero website, while being removed from medium. I would also like the projects to be under a blockzero domain name.

A more realistic and immediate step would be to display something on the main page before redirecting the user. For instance, when a user clicks “Vote with XIO”, an explanation of the process could appear on the center page, something in the lines of “In the XIO universe, the users have the ability to vote on important decisions. This decision process is handled through discussions on the forum, and a vote on the snapshot platform”, followed by 2 big buttons: “The forum”, “Voting”.
Similarly, when the user clicks on “Buy Xio”: “The most convenient way to buy XIO at the time being is through the decentralised exchange uniswap.”, followed by a big uniswap button.

Finally, at least some information from the discord channel should be brought to the blockzero website. For instance, the whole bit on making proposals is missing from the website (unless it is a deliberate choice, and not an option anymore?). This sums up what I mean regarding different sources of information, and which one is cannon.

Overall, I would say that I appreciate the team being so active on different social media platforms, but that it is very ambitious and can easily lead to having contradictory information in different places, or having the website present outdated info. I hope that the new community manager (congrats @Panos :partying_face:) will keep an eye on these issues and make sure the projects has consistent communication.

3 Likes

What is your general impression?

I prefer it to the old site, great improvements =)

The strengths I see are:

• Less menus, Keep it simple stupid is key for newcomers.
  • Greater gamification. The different ways to participate are great (but do create a double edged sword to be explained below).
  • Greater focus on the business case with “The Accelerator” on top.

Weaknesses include:

• Insufficient information on the “Accelerator” tab. Appreciating that the website isn’t finished, it would be great to see this short and to the point for how BZ creates value.
  • Too many options and not enough of a clear path of progression with “The Missions” tab. This could be simplified by a small blurb appearing with what the thing is as you hover over a “Mission”. E.g. hovering over mental mining to get “Providing feedback on social forums each month”
  • I’m unsure what the texting “yield” does, but it makes the website seem scammy/insincere in my eyes.

Pick one specific aspect and discuss it!

The Accelerator.

I have read comments calling to make the website more comical/cartoonish for on-boarding, but I disagree there. BZ is trying to engage projects on a professional level and the Accelerator as a first tab on the website (in my opinion) needs to be succinct and get rid of the youtube video.

My recommendation would be a short blurb with the value proposition and maybe a testimonial from someone from UMA if we have something positive to share.

Which difficulties do you see?

• Choice paralysis with the amount of missions.
  • Unclear starting points for newcomers.

How would you improve it?

I think I have touched on this already =)

Great job!

2 Likes
**What is your general impression?**

I like the whole lay out and how informative it is, you can easily navigate to find what your looking for.the whole theme has a buzz it gives a positive vibes on the future of the project.

** Pick one specific aspect and discuss it!**

The terminology use through out the website is consistent i believe instead of saying the planets we should say “our atmosphere”

** Which difficulties do you see?**
Im not in the US and i try the texting thing “yield” and it does not work to the number that is there.

** How would you improve it?**
I believe it can be a more vibrant or lively, i would probably put a theme song to the website to grab the attention of new users.

1 Like

Hello fellow Mental Crew :wink:

Thank you for all the feedback you have provided so far. Within the next days we will review all comments in detail to decide what to implement before officially publishing the website.

For the next 4 days it is still possible to add to this very discussion if you feel you can provide additional value.

Meanwhile I have whitelisted those of you who already entered your username and wallet in the typeform. You can go ahead and make yourself familiar with the coordinape tool at: https://app.coordinape.com/
Please log in with the wallet you provided.

The tool is still under development but already functional. We are one of the first to use it and experiment with the possibilities it offers.
The most important aspect for you to know is:

1. At first login you can check if your username is correct. If not you can change it.
  2. Please opt-in to the round so that others are able to award you Mental Credits for your discussion.
  3. Everyone whitelisted in the tool will receive 100 Mental Credits to distribute to the other Mental Crew.
  4. It is not possible to give to yourself.
  5. Please allocate your Mental Credits to your fellow Mental Crew. People who added more to the discussion, you can give more Mental Credits, those you did not notice taking part in the discussion you should skip in that round.
  6. You can change your allocations as long as the epoch has not concluded.

whitelisted:
@ntxrex
@BGzetro
@Quality_Butter
@Judimes
@FrankDaTank
@Meerlion
@RickyBobby
@dshane

still missing, please use the typeform
@Pseudotwit
@Mr.R27

EDIT: added both :white_check_mark:

4 Likes

Done, I provided my wallet and username. I m also trying coordinate but it tells me I have no circle… Probably you guys have to add me, I guess…

Back to the feedback though,

Yup, totally agree. This was a feeling I had from looking at the website, but I didn’t know how to express it… “patchwork” look is kinda how I feel about the website. Not too much, mind you, but a little bit it just feels like it… There is no “flow” to it… A lot of redirect and informations put together when they should be separated.

On a new personal note, I can add: is there really a reason for the use of such unique names and the “space” team? For example, the “planets”, the “missions” etc… New people couldn’t understand what we are talking about, they just know the base terms of the crypto worlds, and maybe we should use them…

Also, trying to navigate through the mission page from my smartphone, I keep going back and forth from every mission and is not easy to have a look at all of them. It is a little but clunky. It would be easier if there were a single page with a brief description of each mission, so that I could look at them all at once, with the relative rewards and infos

1 Like

One thing I forgot to add for an improvement item, it would be great to have an easy way to see the BZ core team.

An easy way to discern a legitimate project is the ability to see the team behind it. I think adding team members pictures as a part of the Accelerator tab with a short blurb for who they are in BZ would be golden, - definitely leveraging a strength.

Having Blockzero Labs | Status Map - Blockzero Labs below that to see what they are working on would improve this even further.

Definitely difficult to navigate with smartphones - smaller graphics might help? I’m no website designer though haha

2 Likes

Thanks for the Coordinape invite.

Just wanted to share my thoughts on the distribution.

I don’t believe in objectivity and experience quite a mental effort whenever I try to accomplish objectivity.
Subjectivity on the other hand, I consider a privilege for everyone and as with every privilege it should be used with consideration which also requires some effort.

With that I mind, please note that I will follow some simple rules when I award the points.

• Quality as a feedback with a thought through suggestion for improvement
  • Effort as an estimate of time spend on the subject matter
  • In case it’s possible I will allocate according to the following:
    3 top contributors to receive 25 points each;
    the remaining 25 points will be distributed with a maximum of 5 credits each for any other good contribution.
    This is to limit my own workload.

Most likely I will finalize allocation on Sundays.

Most importantly I want to express that all contributions are appreciated - you all rock.

1 Like

Hey Mental Crew,

some updates have already been applied to the website. So you might want to give it another quick look. https://yield.blockzerolabs.io/

2 Likes

Hey @FrankDaTank
thanks for sharing your thoughts here. I do believe that we should allow ourselves to experiment with this system for a bit to find out how to best use it.

In psychological test theory (statistic evaluation) I learned that one way to achieve objectivity is to average out many subjective evaluations. That means that the more of us contribute to this grading the “better” (more objective) the result will become.
Of course this should not lead to an excessive additional work load for all of us. That being said I think your described approach is very good.

Anyone is free to solve this the way they want. Generally I would suggest not making a “science” out of it but rather deciding by some quick rule of thumb.

Everybody, please also consider to “limit your workload” in such a way. Allocate your Mental Credits in a way you feel fitting.

Let’s see what we make of it!

1 Like

Totally agree.
I believe transparency helps and also making clear that all input is appreciated, even if no credits are awarded, was my first impulse to write this.
Also noted that many contributors opted to not take part in this discussion, most of which otherwise would have been a good choice.

Altogether doing this myself makes clear once more how much work you put in this before. And doing it this way is an interesting next step for Mental Mining.

1 Like

Yes, smaller graphics might help, but it is not just a “visual” thing. It is the back and forth, up and down (you have to scroll a lot when on smartphone), and the general lack of “flow” when navigating through the missions. Again I am not a Web designer, so probably my feedback is worthless, but I can make a little example. If I go through the pancakeswap website, Via mobile, I don’t get the same feeling… It is not easy to explain, since it is just a feeling.

For example, look at this screenshot from my phone

As you can see, the whole screen is filled with animated black and white gifs… I feel 'overwhelmed" a bit… There is no space to rest my eyes or to catch some useful information… It doesn’t look too friendly

1 Like

Ah, you don’t actively opt out. That’s the default setup. Everyone has to opt in to be able to participate. That means those who currently show as opt out probably just have not yet had a chance to opt in. Please check again at a later point.

The website is pretty easy to read and has a central space theme that you guys can play around with, so tweaking the design should be easier now.

In my opinion the design should be more consistent, so I’m not a big fan of the aquafi/flashstake parallax sections on the homepage, since they seem out of place (different colour buttons, backgrounds, etc). Besides this it looks pretty good I guess. Also the youtube and medium links should be changed, cuz right now they have bombx in the link. I would also remove some of the icons, like spotify, telegram (since we don’t use it anymore), and the phone number, since in the crypto world phone numbers are a very sensitive information and should be rarely used.

Maybe implementing all the feedback received could be a problem, since some users might have conflicting opinions, or opinions that are not well suited for the theme of the website.

I think that building the website should be a more centralised decision, and better left to a professional, with minimal input from the community (maybe integrating the feedback received but in a non intrusive way, so it doesn’t disturb the central theme of the site?)

1 Like
  1. What is your general impression?
  2. Pick one specific aspect and discuss it!
  3. Which difficulties do you see?
  4. How would you improve it?

. It’s like reading the news from a blog.
. Black & white gifs and generally space…it’s cliche + the two astronauts gif with the American flag, it’s like the one astronaut is playing with his privates.
Also, passengers? No, much better is citizens.
Passengers, sounds like you died and you’ll go to…wherever!
. I don’t see any difficulty but, it doesn’t mean that it’s good or bad or i liked it.
. There is many web sites like Envato that you can buy a web site template.
Also graphics like FLASH (Retrowave style) looks good and fits to Blockzero.

1 Like

Firstly I appreciate the effort that has gone into the upgrade and I think the space metaphor has merit and will resonate with newcomers to the site. You have already received plenty of good feedback on the visuals of the site so my feedback is around the content.

I would like to see more focus on presenting a solid value proposition as to why someone should buy XIO. Visitors to the site are looking for information that will help them assess the risks and potential rewards in buying XIO. When I am looking at small caps to invest in I need to get comfort that the project has good fundamentals, a clear strategy for moving forward and a team with the ability to deliver. Key information should include:

• what Blockzero does, a motherhood statement on the landing page is fine but it should link to more detailed information.

• what sets Blockzero apart from the competition and how this will create growth/add value

• demonstrated past performance. I think the information on Aquafi and Flashstake does an excellent job of demonstrating 2 quality outcomes. The dropzero link does not work so unsure if it adds value.

• future growth plans. Investors need a roadmap as to what the organisation has planned for the short medium and long term. The Accelator tab gives no indication of how many projects you are looking to take on, or how you generate revenue or value through accepting a project via the accelator. There is also no information on the difference between an internal project such as Aquafi where all the value created flows to XIO members (or held in the Vortex) versus a project that would be run via the ‘Y combinator’ concept from which we would generate a fee paid in the projects native tokens. Are we focused on one versus the other. Also not sure how many people are going to watch the 57min Uma video that appears on the Accelator page, I think you need something more concise.

More detail on how tokens in new projects are allocated will help demonstrate the value proposition - what benefit you get from holding tokens in your wallet versus providing liquidity, the impact of halvings and the benefits of investing early and muiltiplier increases for holding them long term.

I think the missions section do an excellent job in demonstrating how someone can earn more tokens once they have made their initial investment. But a knowledgeble investor will need to ensure the fundamentals of the business stack up before they look at the bonus token opportunities.

I think we need to explain the differences/pros/cons between the the Liquid Fire mission and staking. Liquid Fire has an APY of 30% to 90% with the risk of impermanent loss compared to the screen shot of the staking page showing APY on 4 coins simultaneously including XIO at 53%. I understand the Vortex is still a work in progress but we will need to explain to current and future holders of XIO how these options work so they can make informed investment allocation decision.

I could not see anything on the core team.

Once a potential investor has decided to buy some XIO we need to make this process as frictionless as possible. According to Coingecko Blockzero is listed on 2 exchanges plus Uniswap. Rather than have the link go straight to Uniswap, why not explain where they can buy it and have links to all three. Uniswap is not a very user friendly interface and we should avoid dumping people straight into their page.

I can appreciate that Blockzero wants to be different in how it presents itself and being edgy and trendy is perfectly fine but if we are trying to encourage more people to buy XIO then we need to ensure that we still give them the informtion they need to make an investment decision. I have passed on numerous small caps based on the inability to get useful information from their website.
Thanks

5 Likes

Asked by FrankDaTank (no clue how to tag you): “Could you think of other ways to improve trustworthiness? On one hand you like the dark colors, on the other you mention a light color could increase trust. What if you had to choose?”

Answer: If I had to choose between colors I would almost always go for lighter colors because I can’t think of many dark color schemed webpages that I like. I think it’s because most of the time the contrast isn’t well brought out but I don’t think it’s the case with blockzero’s webpage because the contrast is nice (maybe needs a little bit of work on the left side). I think it’s because I’m not a fan of the dark asthetic at the opening as it just feels too dark and I feel like it makes the first impression a bit too…dark (it feels like it’s a really personal opinion so I would take it with a grain of salt).
In contrast I asked my wife about it and she said that she likes the colors. Only things she didn’t like were the green and white text as shown in the picture because it makes the text a bit diluted. Also the font on the left seemed to be too small and weird compared to other fonts.

As to how to make the webpage even more trustworthy I really liked the idea to use common crypto terminology to make the user feel more at home. Cheers :slight_smile: