Building a better social media presence

During the last couple of months there has been a lot of discussions on marketing and how to increase XIO’s social media presence, lets discuss what can be done to reach out to a bigger audience of potential citizens and investors.

• What are the most effective platforms and why?

• What is the goal(s) with our social media precence? (SMART goals concept - specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, time-bound)

• If you were in charge of XIO’s social media accounts/marketing department, what would you change, post, and how often? what other communities would you engage with and why?

8 Likes

the most effective platforms:
Depends on what do you want to do. In the case of XIO that there’s no need to tip people or do something like airdrops and so on, we can skip Discord. I suggest to use Twitter to recuit new citizens, because it’s direct, fast and you can work with #tags. I suggest to use Telegram to chat with users and Medium to explain a project or something like that.

These are some excellent questions to answer we want to promote to #XIOdebate here.

Please feel free to discuss as you wish. Answering to the above you might also want to consider the following additional questions:

• What are we as XIO community really passionate about that we want others to inspire with?
  • What kind of people do we want to attract?
  • Which social media campaign have you recently witnessed that we might learn from? (positive or negative) In what way exactly can XIO (FLASH) learn from this?

Earn credits exclusively here on the forum.

#XIOdebate

1 Like

What are the most effective platforms and why?
I personally only use the forum but I know discord and telegram are commonly used for Crypto.
Twitter and youtube are very good to increase reach.

What is the goal(s) with our social media precence? (SMART goals concept - specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, time-bound)

1. Increase our youtube presence. Especially once we get closer to the launch of different tokens. We should have short videos (ideally with animation not just Zach’s face :wink: ) explaining the different concept of token studio, flash token etc. Flash drop.
    It should be quick less than 5 minutes for each topic. We could also link to these videos on twitter.
  2. Referall program.I know some people don’t like it, but there is no denying that it works. There is a whole other topic about referrals elsewhere on the forums so i won’t get into details, but it would definitely help us get more people.

If you were in charge of XIO’s social media accounts/marketing department, what would you change, post, and how often? what other communities would you engage with and why?
I would make a schedule for posting. I think consistency is important. For example on youtube it would be nice if there was a video every week on Monday lets say. It could be an AMA or one of the videos I mentioned or just some sort of progress report.

Twitter and telegram are the most used platform, (used by crypto savvy investors.). I think it is too early to offer xio’s services to “normal people”, the like of which we can find on Facebook and telegram.
Also, medium for blog post are also useful because it can be directly found by Google searches!

Also blockfolio news section

Promote the flash staking potential (focusing on the fact that it is a revolutionary concept).

Promote the xlp and the insane % rewards people can obtain just by providing liquidity

Promote the xsi project and the fsct that people can earn $ just by being active

I will focus more on blog post on medium and on sponsored content (mainly on cointelegraph and blockfolio)

I would suggest to use most viral potential platforms:

• Facebook (for new users)

• Twitter ( for specifically crypto incliined people)

• Youtube ( for more sticky content)

• Medium articles ( for the nerdy)

• What is the goal(s) with our social media precence? (SMART goals concept - specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, time-bound)

I think the goal is always to get more engaged users. The way we can track more engagement can be argued as that might require certain level of KYC…but barring that, we can track for each user from a campaign how much additonal:

1. XLP amount added
  2. Insider enrolled
  3. XSI points earned
    by the XID of the person enrolled.
  • If you were in charge of XIO’s social media accounts/marketing department, what would you change, post, and how often? what other communities would you engage with and why?

I think one of the things we can improve is somehow engage more people to generate videos explaining the concept of XIO and Flash.

Specifically more engagement is needed from social media influencers once our flash product is live.

3 Likes

just like how I got into the space.

more content and engagement on Youtube.

limitless tweets for people to see XIO are building products with highest priorities.

discord and telegram. Promotional activities are also good way to invite more people into the platform. Rewards are always attractive :slight_smile:

Since the most answers are repeating twitter , medium and telegram i will add something that wasn’t mentioned.

There is a platfor where we should also be present in and put our development and upcoming events timeline in and that’s coinmarketcalendar CoinMarketCal - Cryptocurrency Calendar

Many traders and users are relying on this platform to orient themselves on which project is currently having some upcoming events.

1 Like

I think you need a crypto blogger like Ivan to get excited again… maybe even do a spot on his blog and explain what’s happening that would create a lot of interest

Response: Crypto despite feeling like its existed for years and years for us, is still a new, experimental “phenomena” that, although is making significant progress in mainstream adoption by financial institutions, is still unknown to the mass market/general public.

I believe having two different goals here is key:
Existing/Crypto Savy Users: Twitter/Telegram - Twitter is perfect for increasing the number of “impressions” and expanding XIO’s/$FLASH amongst many different areas/groups. Telegram is the “go-to” for any user invested or interested in a cryptocurrency and I believe this should remain the sole focus for updates, marketing pushes and general correspondence. Combining these two together gives you the marketing ability and further reach to new users through twitter and informative updates and community through Telegram.

New users to XIO/new to crypto: Facebook/Youtube (will explain this in the marketing strategy question below however I think its key to market on mainstream platforms that these users use on a daily basis).

In my opinion our main goal with social media presence is:
“To increase user engagement and awareness of the XIO network by inspiring trust, demonstrating commitment/effort and always viewing the community as the key resource to long term success”

Specific: The specific objective is to increase the number of users we see in our telegram chats and people to participate in more marketing competitions, beta testing and so forth
Measurable: This can be measured via the increase in members of the TG groups, number of addresses holding XIO (indicating growing invested users) and impressions via Twitter analytics
Achievable: We have already made great strides in growing our community and by following a carefully created strategy, this goal is achievable
Relevant: The goal here aligns with XIO’s objective of growing and becoming a trusted network which is supported by the incredible existing community
Time-Bound: The impact/evaluation of this SMART goal can be measured by the end of the month/other time period and based on the output (ie: addresses, users) it will be able to be concluded if this goal has been met

I think a big but gradual/slow push should be started on attracting the non-crypto savy audience. My idea is, XIO should make friendly/simple animated videos spanning 30 seconds - 1 minute on Youtube that explain very simply/high level key concepts of XIO:

• What is flash staking?
  • What is upfront interest? etc

These promotional videos can then be advertised to appear on peoples facebooks/twitters and it gives them their first view of XIO. The first view is the most important and so we want to introduce the concept of XIO/FLASH as simple as possible and we want to make them tempted/attracted to the concept.

“Wow! So this company is saying I can earn my interest upfront instead of waiting countless days - tell me more!” - by focusing on short fire, high visual/diagram/animation videos, it allows the users to absorb what XIO/FLASH is about without losing their interest. From there, users can then join the TG or go on the website and find out more

2 Likes

If you want to reach out to your existing audience the current platforms work very well. However I don’t think they are very effective for spreading awareness of the project as most people don’t seek out crypto projects by themselves. They are instead often shilled to them by someone else.

I admit, I was made aware of XIO through IvanOnTech’s show on YouTube. Youtubers shill without a doubt a lot of crap, but every once in a while there’s a project that resonates with what I believe in so I check them out. XIO was one of them. I also think the spike in interest back in august was largely due to Ivan.

The fastest way to spread awareness in my opinion is getting some influencers to believe in the project as they already have large audiences.

Get someone to spend a minute explaining how Flashstaking works or how staking XIO Studio literally is a way to diversify your portfolio by holding a single token and people will start flocking.

• Which social media campaign have you recently witnessed that we might learn from? (positive or negative) In what way exactly can XIO (FLASH) learn from this?
  • Token airdrops like the UNI was really smooth and could work for us by peaking some peoples interest, but there’s a key difference. Uniswap was already an established product. If XIO or Flash did this it might backfire and be written off by people as some sort of a scam attempt (look at the token $AIRDROP, which a lot of you probably still have in your wallets).

• Jeff Kirdeikis did a good job spreading awareness of his token TrustSwap when it first launched. There was constant media attention from influencers and he always built hype for the next thing happening with daily updates and events, creating FOMO. Downside to this is people lose interest quickly if the updates stop coming. I believe XIO to be a more promising project than SWAP capable of retaining more people once they have been on boarded.

• What kind of people do we want to attract?

Obviously we want long term supporters and contributors, but we should definitely NOT exclude any people who are interested in the project. Whether they have long or short term goals within the community it all helps the project grow. With popularity comes a variety of all sorts of people and XIO should be inclusive towards all.

1 Like

I think that the most effective platform is youtube.
If just one youtuber mentions xio flashstaking to their fans, the word is going to spread fast like wildfire across all crypto groups. Watching a video of someone explaining an idea to you is better than reading a text.
The goal should be finding more passionate and high-quality citizens, who come here for the long term.
XID- 930ed

1 Like

Hiya folks,

This is my 1st post on here so pls be kind😊

I am on a crypto journey which I started last year and I am blogging about on my fledgling website. I am writing an article for it about my experiences with XIO flashstaking which I stumbled upon at the beginning of the 1st round a couple of weeks ago. I am very very small fry investment wise and on a very steep learning curve about investing and crypto in general. As a crypto noob, I am trying to learn about crypto and then explain it as I understand it to others.

I feel like I might be among the target audience at least and I would like to contribute if I can to the social media initiative in this small way. I am helping and will eventually take over hosting a weekly recorded zoom chat with @DrLuke and @umarsa which is a post-mortem of the flash staking competition and a chance to learn from more experienced folk in the XIO community. It’s open to anyone and I’m sure other XIO topics can be introduced ie I’d like to learn more about the XLP and XSi (I’m not sure if I’m getting that right yet) then there’s the XIO Token Studio - omigosh it’s all so exciting!

I publish my articles on Google via my website, Twitter and LinkedIn. I also have a small YouTube channel, Instagram presence etc. My biggest following is on TikTok and I have also created channels on Hyprr which I am currently moving my ‘party’ to as I think TikTok is going to crash and burn (IMPO) and I know YouTube just removes crypto videos arbitrarily. I also belong to a huge global community at an affiliate marketing university website who will review the article when it is published, some of whom are also involved in crypto with much better websites than mine, with much bigger readership which could lead to more referrals going forward.

I’m not technical so I cannae produce fab leaderboards like Umar or conceive an amazeballs concept like Zachary but I’m chatty and I like to share what I learn, I’m also an insomniac so I’m awake through most time zones! I’m happy to retweet and repost other’s content with full credit to the author.

If any of this is of any help to anyone here, pls let me know.

KRs

PurpleLioness :purple_heart::lion::kissing_heart:

5 Likes

All platform are important to promote XIO project. But I think that the best platform remain twitter. The main reason for me is that we can touch a great number of people just by tagging.
If I were in charge of XIO’s social media accounts, I will promote free sharing of all XIO information by tagging friends in twitter and if necessary, even give credit for that. Because I always think that many people whose really need to know about the existence of xio project do not know. XIO is growing very fastly day and day and it could be very difficult for the ones who will join this project “very late”. Maybe not now, but we should think about a big promotion of XIO project even by encouraging XIO citizens to recruit their friends to also be citizens. We have a great number of citizens now, but if this number double or triple, it must be better.

1 Like

I think Twitter is the most effective platform. That’s were the current crypto users are. Plus all those that aren’t into crypto yet.

I think that a really simple marketing strategy is to pay accounts that has alot of followers, to sponsor a giveaway.

To enter the gaw, you must follow xio account for example.

And if people find the account/tweets interesting, it will lead to new users and citizens.

Welcome @PurpleLioness

The diversity of this community is what makes it even more powerful
We are all her to invest, learn, support and bold global relationships.

Enjoy round 2 and keep on writing your articles!

:stethoscope: @DrLuke

1 Like
  1. Twitter is based on my experience the social media most used for news sharing in Crypto.
    The potential reach is vast, once you start attracting the interest of respected crypto investors/influencers.
    Getting mentioned by Pomp for example could be very useful to create massive hits.

2. I think crypto newsletters carry decent weight, especially after a big announcement or something involving, such as the flashstaking competition.
    Having something to do, read up on or in any other stimulating way to activate yourself with could help with “stickiness” of the ones reached out to.

3. I would love a concise Medium post on the flashstaking competition towards the end of round two, being advertised and linked to in different places, even Facebook, Discord channels, Reddit etc.
    Being mentioned is good, but you also have to reel it in, so to speak.

This could also be used to track hits from different social media, channeling into a Medium post with the clear goal of then including those readers in the flashstaking competition round three.
This should easily be measurable.

Hiya Luke,

Thank you for being my 1st reply😁 I’m just wandering around the XIO space there’s so much going on here! See you in the competition.

PurpleLioness :purple_heart::lion::kissing_heart:

I think crypto newsletters carry decent weight, especially after a big announcement or something involving, such as the flashstaking competition.
Having something to do, read up on or in any other stimulating way to activate yourself with could help with “stickiness” of the ones reached out to.

Crypto newsletters are a fantastic idea. XIO already has our emails as we had to give them out to become a citizen. So might as well use it.
It would be a great if new citizens would get a few posts after registering. One about XSI, one about XLP and so on. It could be spread over the first week or month of their citizenship. This would have multiple effects: first it would teach them about XIO and it would keep reminding them of XIO.

Platforms are primarily steered by algorithms, they coordinate what’s picked and pushed in the members feed. Generally speaking it is relevant content. Relevant interpreted as of today:
Facebook: Community pages, video and messenger content, what’s happening in your local area
Twitter: news like content with a short life time value, finance Twitter, Crypto Twitter but also Sports Twitter and of course Politics…
Pinterest: interior design, handicraft
Instagram: Stories, retail influencer shops
LinkedIn: work related, job education
TikTok: Dance and music, life hacks

What’s most effective? Anything can be effective in a channel, the question is how to package the story in a channel.

Goals: Become top of mind - create interest through valuable information - incentivize engagement - build trust and mutual appreciation to lead to conversion - re-enforce brand - trigger interest and engagement - increase brand loyalty through ongoing positive experience - repeat

Not in this order: Profiling XIOs thought leaders, craft a communication strategy for each, decide on channels and audiences to execute strategy. Define content testing, set OKRs and KPIs, improve at giving feedback, identify marketing needs, set budget, start hiring dedicated expert.