Discuss Tokenomics and more…

Creating the Future of XIO

This is for all ideas to improve the XIO.network …

• the protocol,
  • tokenomics,
  • sustainability,
1 Like

I would insist over the possibility of integrate e-commerce or e-services (like photo printing, hotel bookings, cloud storage,…) in our ecosystem with a checkout option of STAKE instead of PAY. I don’t know the prices the payment gateway charge in US but here in Brazil they charge more than 4% for transaction at least for small business, I would be very happy to use it at some of my business and ok to pay a fee of the XIO’s that came to my wallet as payment instead of pay it for VISA :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m relatively new to the XIO family but in this new decentralized paradigm, GOVERNANCE will always be an issue for adoption by other crypto enthusiasts as well as future adoption by the masses. So right now the enthusiasts are made up of a lot of anarchists and those who believe anonymity should be the order of the day but the masses will have a different sense of who should be responsible when things go wrong (Who do we talk to, make queries, share our concerns).

In the initial phase to get the current small crypto community onboard, some sort of DAO should be set up via smart contracts to allow for voting mainly on various ideas to come to a consensus. Seeing that XIO is not really looking to build out their own blockchain that might be the main use of a DAO at this point.

There still needs to be an organization behind everything for the masses to feel comfortable in utilizing the various services as the need for ACCOUNTABILITY is human nature. So the XIO foundation should solidify themselves with great talent to have the organization seem more robust, well rounded and driven to take on whatever tasks will come ahead.

1 Like

I was watching the Flash Staking Formula video Zach posted and he said something about not liking the idea of contracts being MUTABLE. As a programmer I will say that there has hardly ever been any code written that do not have bugs and this does not mean that the bugs become evident immediately, as some bugs come about due to changes that will happen in the future (For example the Y2K bug). So I believe there always should be some leeway to allow for changes, additions, improvements etc.

If we take a contract in its simplest form there is always a clause to allow for mutual changes to take effect as no one knows what will happen in the future and I believe this is why a DAO solution will allow for voting on such matters or even allowing the foundation to make the decision as they see fit.

So I believe contracts should be built in an UPGRADEABLE manner to allow for future changes and openzeppelin’s very robust and well tested and audited solutions allow for this already where the original contract addresses will not change but the inner contracts that would be updated would be. So from a programmer’s standpoint, the interfaces would be the same but the inner workings that they don’t have to worry about would.

In a case where the interfaces and functionality would cause breaking changes to anyone who would have implemented a contract then, it might make sense to then create a new solution.

In all cases, changes would be divulged via social platforms and Documentation to formalize the changes.

So my point really is to never think that anything is perfect and that change is a constant and therefore we should build with change in mind.