Evaluating our new social platform home.blockzerolabs.io – #XIOfeedback

Evaluating our new social platform home.blockzerolabs.io

On April 16th we launched our new social platform home.blockzerolabs.io (using tribe.so). During the four weeks since then around 650 users have joined the platform (over 500 within the first week). Collectively we have created about 150 discussions with up to 50 new posts daily – giving us enough time and interaction to ask for an evaluation of the platform.

How well is the platform suited to help us reach our goals as the blockzerolabs community? Here these goals are mainly:

1. Offer a space to present and discuss proposals to enter our governance process.
  2. Focus discussions on specific topics using our Mental Mind Mining Program with #XIOfeedback.
  3. Enable general communication within the community to build a stronger community.

First internal evaluations showed us that the new platform has certain strengths but is at the same time lacking important functionalities and features we liked about the previously used forum.

Based on your experience with the platform we are now asking for your feedback as citizens.

1. How do you like our new social platform in general?

(How many out of 5 stars would you give?)

• :star:
  • :star::star:
  • :star::star::star:
  • :star::star::star::star:
  • :star::star::star::star::star:

0 voters

2. What do you like about it specifically?

Please provide some examples.

3. Are you missing anything?

If yes, what is it you miss and how would this help reach our goals (see above)?

Bonus: Compare it to our previous forum!

If you had also used our forum previously, how do these two compare?
What strengths and weaknesses do you see?

Based on the results of your feedback and our internal evaluation we will decide how to proceed with the current setup of our social platforms.

Earn additional credits by answering to this topic on our new platform → here

2 Likes

:star::star::star::star::star:

I like the new option to follow different groups. Its good to have things separated and more organized.

I like the reputation system, all the different topics to participate in.

Dark theme would be awesome if spending extra time reading stuff. Maybe also like categories/tags like we had (xsi_active, xsi_completed). Could use some archive to find previous topics easier.

I really like dark themes for reading stuff, i feel like its much easier to read and spare your eyes :P. The new forum is much more organized to some extend, maybe the categories i already mentioned are missing. Maybe when pinning something it makes it a bit unorganized as it changes the timeline of posts.

1 Like

Meh, o don’t like it. This one is so much better. Faster, sleaker and more useful

Nothing, just the colors

The quoting option that pops up automatically. The faster loading time. The forum like structure.

As I said, this one is much much better. It is easier to track the answers of fellow citizens

:star: :star: :star: :star:

In general I like it, so I gave it a 4 stars :slight_smile: Following the feedback received through this evaluaton + the internal evaluation process I’m sure we can make it a 5 star platform.

1. What do you like about it specifically?

Idk if it’s the same for everyone, but for me it’s way more easy to browse and reach the various feeds on the new platform. I always felt that this forum had too many subforums and browsing it felt clunky.

1. Are you missing anything?

The sidebar with the latest topics, I think? Maybe we could add one in the right side, or if it’s possible to make the right-side sidebar layout customisable by each user, for example maybe some users would want the new posts to be on top of the most reputable users section, or viceversa (but we should do it only if it’s not too complicated development-wise). Also it should have a dark theme, since many of us live on different timezones and sometimes we browse at night. Also the reply text box on the new one lacks emojis, and I kinda miss them :laughing:

I didn’t use the new forum too much so I can’t make a thorough comparison, but at first glance the sidebar and the dark theme is better on this older forum, while the feeds readability and browsing feels smoother on the new one. Also the reply text box has too many functions on the new forum, the Insert code block and Insert table don’t seem too useful to me, and I think very few users would use those.

:star::star::star:

It feels more like a social media platforms, i like the feed option and reputation score

Searching the specific #XIOFeedback topics is difficult, and the various badges.

I liked the previous platform more, I found it easier to operate and follow conversations.

Thanks,
Monk
XID - 4f7BD

1 Like

I prefer the forum style to the newsfeed style because the newsfeed style makes me feel pressured, whereas in the forum style I can pick and choose from the righthand side top corner menu what I look at in which order. Many thanks!

1. What do you like about it specifically

It’s a little easier to navigate for the average person. I also think it’s more visually appealing.

Gotta agree with nTx_ReX - XID - eC809 (from the other board) on this one. I’m always about the dark theme. And tags would help a lot with navigation. I also thinking the quoting feature could be a little more seamless. For all of my posts thus far I’ve been copying and pasting and turning into block quotes. Though I haven’t learned everything on the platform 100% so perhaps I’m missing something.

All in all I think the new forum can work great but it really needs to be communicated that tribe will be the main platform for discussions. I was a little confused at first.

XID-73F39

(How many out of 5 stars would you give?) – :star::star:.5

Improvements have been made, but it lacks the simplicity and ease of navigation that this forum has. Further comments below.

• Reputation scores.
  • Specific group and topic following.
  • The UI is nicer to look at.

• Being able to see forum posts in chronological order. In the old forum it was easy to discern what was new, and more importantly what was an #XIOFeedback post. This iteration has the old and the new mashed together based on your followings, which can make it easy to miss new interesting posts.
  • The ease of quoting peoples previous comments.

If you had also used our forum previously, how do these two compare?

• Enjoyed the simplicity and ease of navigation of the old forum (this one).
  • Enjoying the groups in the new forum, and the ability to make proposals from them.

What strengths and weaknesses do you see?

• A major weakness that has been touched on by many people is the notification bell. This is a nightmare to work through to discern who has replied to you, and generally catch up on matters.

Cheers!

XID-B64BD

XID-e6B05

3/5

I like the amount of activity in terms of users/discussion we currently see, although I do not think that this can definitely be contributed to the new platform.

I have three (*edited) gripes with the Tribe platform.

The first being the hap-hazard layout, which makes it very hard to track ongoing discussion.

It feels like Reddit with threads flashing by, out of control, with no decent structure.

My second issue is the lack of Dark Mode, which is a big issue for me personally, suffering from light-induced migraines.

I normally stay away from all Light Mode sites as a rule.

Number three is a big one.

The former platform enabled replying, while still viewing the OP, which makes it so much easier to work with, editing, quoting in a way which saves time and makes it easier to read.

Honestly I do not see any upside to the new platform.

It will be interesting to read others’ views on this.

The old platform I think was solid with no real downsides, as far as I know.

1 Like

Disclaimer: I did not have much time since Home launch to use it, so these feedback are not definitive…

. How do you like our new social platform in general?

:star::star:

The reputation system looks cool.

I really love the way we can answer/quote quickly in the older forum.
It makes conversations way more powerful and participative imo.

I liked the way it was organized and easily accessible before.

The older one looks warmer to me, here I feel it cold, I don’t know why.

see before.

1 Like

1. What do you like about it specifically?

I nevere got really warm with the Tribe thing. This forum here feels much better :slight_smile:

Yes, the forum.
    Most importantly clarification on XSI! How is that supposed to work? When and where can one get informed that there is a XSI?

XID 0d0FD

1 Like

Yes, high time we have this clarified. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

[XSI earning credits ends here]

You are welcome to continue commenting.