Name of Project
Ticker for Token
1) In one sentences or less, describe your token. This isn’t the time to get wordy, just to the point!
Safely send any ERC20 token to another address with an expiration to automatically get your tokens back if not opened in time with optional password.
4) How does your token work? Be as detailed as possible
Go to the XPIR dapp and deposit the tokens you want to send.
You can withdraw any expired or unsent tokens at any time that are yours.
You can send X amount of Y token to Z address(es) with an optional P password and optional T expiration time and an optional R receipt XPIR token to be sent to recipient address(es) as a way to inform them of this claimable event.
Any time tokens expire, they become available again to be withdrawn or sent by the original sender only.
5) What problem is your token aiming to solve? How will this positively impact the crypto industry?
- This will prevent lost funds due to sending to incorrect address: If I send to wrong address and they have an expiration and password: the recipient won’t know the password, they will expire, I can withdraw them from XPIR dapp or resend them after they expire.
- No longer necessary to do 1 test transaction for a small amount before sending a larger amount: can send it all at once, wrapped with $XPIR token, but with a short duration (1 hour for example) of expiration that will revert the tokens back to your address if not opened in time.
- Invitational airdrops that if not opened in time, will expire and can not be opened later. The act of receiving this token is one way you could be informed to go to the official XPIR claim dapp to unlock what you have received.
6) What was the inspiration of this token? How did you think of it?
I keep thinking about how there must be a simple answer to not having to do test transactions and not needing to be worried about sending to the wrong address. This seems like a simple fix.
7) Are there any projects out there doing something similar?
Not that I’m aware of, but wouldn’t be surprised if someone has tried something similar.
8) What phase is the token in? Explore vs. Build vs. Launch vs. Scale. (If there has been no coding yet, your token is in the explore phase)
9) Will this token be inflationary, deflationary, fixed, or dynamic token supply?
10) How long do you think it would take to build a minimal viable token?
11) What skills do you have that would help bring this token to reality? (ex: Marketing, Development, Branding, etc)
12) Are there any inherent weaknesses or obstacles to building this token? Any items you still need to figure out?
Many of these things are the things the community can help decide on:
- This might be a useful idea for expanding on how the XIO CLAIM DAPP could work and may not need its own tokenomics.
- Or this may need its own token at the very least as the “Receipt” element to its functionality to let addresses know they have something available to claim in the dapp.
- The act of using the Dapp may cost a small XPIR fee (or XIO fee?) for anyone to use for their own claimable airdrops or for safely wrapping tokens to send to another address.
- I’m not sure if or how the cost to use the feature should exist, or should be nearly free to prevent a competitor from duplicating but making it free as their only advantage.
- Should the tokens to be sent be deposited into a smart contract (that could be hacker exploited vulnerable somehow? There is some risk.), or should they be wrapped securely somehow and actually truly sent to another address with some kind of revertable expiration timer?
- how many failed password attempts before the recipient forfeits the package, it reverts, and it returned to sender? Should it be an optional choice by the sender when creating the package to send as part of what data you input before clicking “Send tokens”, maybe with a default of 3 bad tries before reverting?
- Is “XPIR” (Expire) the right name for this? NVLP (Envelope) is another possibility for example. The intent is to package up some tokens and protect them in a lock box / envelope / expiration / time bomb type of concept.
If you want to share your Twitter/Telegram handle here for people to reach out and discuss this idea with you, post them below.
This is where you can put anything you want that was not directly asked above! Anything and everything related to your token idea can go here. Any files, links, info, etc
I bought ExpireToken.com just in case
mock up of primary use case of token: