[info] Mental Mining – How to Participate

General Goals

Since its inception in late 2019 the goal of our MentalMining Program, previously known as XIO Social Initiative (XSI), has always been to encourage valuable discussion, brainstorm ideas and collect feedback, as well as to create a core community of dedicated and highly engaged Citizens.

New Ruleset

Now we are introducing several fundamental changes to evolve the program towards decentralization and scalability. While the initial goals remain unchanged, the following new rules are implemented:

• Anyone taking part in our Mental Missions will become part of the Blockzero Mental Crew (@MentalCrew)
  • There will be two Mental Missions each month (Mission A: 1-15 ; Mission B: 16-31).
  • Each Mental Mission can consist of several Mission Assignments. Each Assignment adds XIO to that Mission’s Total Reward Pool. Exact amounts will be announced and are set at the council’s discretion.
  • Each Mission completes with an Assessment Period (review period) within its last 5 days.
    • Mission A: 1 - 15 – Assessment: 11 - 15
    • Mission B: 16 - 31 – Assessment: 27 - 31
  • Within the Assessment Period all Mental Crew Members can take part in collectively assessing each other’s reward. This will be done using the tool by coordinape.com (Details discussed in Discord).
  • Please join the @MentalCrew by registering your wallet using typeform below:

(Please allow for some time since your address will have to manually be whitelisted on the backend.)

Starting the Program with a selected Focus Group

Since we are introducing a fundamentally new logic we expect some changes and adjustments to become necessary over time. Therefore the program will start off more as an experiment than a finished product. The start can be thought of as a focus group testing the new tool.

Round Zero | Initial Mental Crew

Find the first ever Mental Assignment in our Discord. Discuss it on the forum.
New Mental Missions Assignments will be announced in Discord.

[For now any council members will be excluded from earning rewards on Mental Missions.]

Potential Future Finetuning the Program’s Configuration

finetuning details

The stated rules are not set in stone but allow us to apply changes in several ways. Once we gain first insight into how this setup helps reach our goals, relevant adjustments will be discussed. These can include things like:

• the duration of each Mental Mission
  • the duration and positioning of each Assessment
  • the number of Mission Assignments per Mission
  • the amount XIO alloted to each Assignment
  • the maximum number of Mental Crew Members that can join the Mental Crew
  • the way someone can join the Blockzero Mental Crew and potential eligibility requirements like certain amount XIO holdings or previous participation in discussions
  • the relative influence each Mental Crew Member has when it comes to the Assessment Period and allocating rewards
  • the platform where the Mental Mission Assignments will be discussed (discord or this discourse forum)?

Questions & Feedback

Please put all question and your feedback about these new rules or the coordinape tool here (for future reference) or on our discord (for quick response).

Let’s explore these new possibilities together!

2 Likes

The first test round using the coordinape tool is about to close. If you manage to jump on before the current round (epoch) closes please do so. Anyone who does not make it in time DON’T WORRY! I will make sure that regardless the outcome of this first “test round” everyone that contributed to the assignment will receive a fair share of the total reward. I did perform grading of all comments just the same as in the past and will combine the results with the outcome of the coordinape tool in a sensible manner.

Of the 15 Mental Mining Crew (@MentalCrew) that took part in the first mental assignment (feedback on the website) not everyone managed to use the tool until now. Only 8 were able to opt-in to receiving Mental Credits from their fellow participants.

When you log in to the coordinape tool, steer to the menu on the top “Allocate”, then right below that choose “My Epoch”. This is where you opt-in.

Then please make sure to select all team members and start allocating your Mental Credits (GIVE).

1 Like

Hello, I don’t see the screen you are showing in the screenshot which url is that? I’ll take a snapshot of my screen.

1 Like

Nevermind lol I think I know which link to go to

1 Like

No I’m sorry, I filled out the coordinape site never. Got anything and Can’t seem To get in that site to go to what you outlined as steps. Sorry.

1 Like

Hey @Winchester,
please use https://coordinape.com/ and connect your wallet. It’s the one you filled in the typeform ending in …8c12

That will take you to:

1. _https://app.coordinape.com/epoch
  2. _https://app.coordinape.com/team
  3. _https://app.coordinape.com/give
  4. _https://app.coordinape.com/map
1 Like

I’m just not sure if the time to join is not a factor here as well. Personally, I have seen a few users who participated in Mental Mining but were marked OPT OUT, so even though I voted for them, I couldn’t give them credits.

It turns out that if someone joined Coordinape later than others in the current Assignment, they will not get credits?

1 Like

Yes. One friction point here is that the default setting is opt-out. If you not actively opt in people can’t allocate you any credits.

Since not everyone has been aware of this we will for now have a “semi-collective” allocation procedure. I will combine the previous centralized grading process with the results from the collective coordinape tool.

This will allow for a gradual transition.

2 Likes

Hey thx, it just makes me fill out information, which I did. Nothing else happened. Didnt let me connect to anything :thinking:

1 Like

Sent you dm to solve this.

1 Like

ACTION REQUIRED: Allocate your Mental Credits!

Assessment Period: 08/11/2021 - 08/15/2021

Mental Mission Assessment using Coordinape

Hey all @MentalCrew
in order to complete the Mental Mission everyone who took part in the current Mental Assignment please allocate your Mental Credits to your fellow Mental Crew.

The assignment has a total reward of 10,000 XIO that we will have to split according to each one’s contributions. To take part in the process you need to perform the following steps:

1. Log in to the coordinape tool with your registered wallet.
    https://app.coordinape.com/
    At first login you can check if your username is correct. If not you can change it to match your forum name so people can recognize you. You can also leave a short note pointing out your main contributions (optional).
    (Please make sure to SAVE and sign with your wallet!)

2. Opt-In to receiving rewards:
    You only have to do this once. So if you’ve already done so in the past you should be fine. Please double check by logging in to the app.coordinape.com/epoch with your registered wallet and make sure you have opted in. Only then others are able to award you Mental Credits for your discussion.

3. Select your fellow Mental Crew
    Select the people who took part in the Mental Mission so you can thank them with MENTAL CREDIT by including them in your allocation. (I recommend “Select All”.)

4. Allocate your Mental Credits
    First go back to the Mental Assignment on the forum and determine to whom all you’d like to give your Mental Credits. You can give up to 100 Mental Credits. Please do this at your own discretion. To those who added more to the discussion, you should give more Mental Credits, those you did not notice taking part in the discussion you should skip in this round. One way to decide on how to distribute your Mental Credits has been described by @FrankDaTank here.

Additional information:

• Everyone whitelisted in the tool will start with 100 Mental Credits to distribute to the other Mental Crew.
  • It is not possible to give to yourself.
  • You can change your allocations as long as the epoch has not concluded.
  • If you fail to allocate any of your Mental Credits to others you will not be eligible to receiving your full reward.
  • (I suggest limiting it to 50% for anyone not taking part in the Assessment Period. Happy to hear everyone’s feedback on this.)

For the time being we use a transitional period. This means that even those that have not managed to opt-in will receive some reward for their contribution. I will be grading all contributions internally and combine the resulting numbers with the coordinape’s collective outcome.

2 Likes