Since its inception in late 2019 the goal of our MentalMining Program, previously known as XIO Social Initiative (XSI), has always been to encourage valuable discussion, brainstorm ideas and collect feedback, as well as to create a core community of dedicated and highly engaged Citizens.
Now we are introducing several fundamental changes to evolve the program towards decentralization and scalability. While the initial goals remain unchanged, the following new rules are implemented:
- Anyone taking part in our Mental Missions will become part of the Blockzero Mental Crew (@MentalCrew)
- There will be two Mental Missions each month (Mission A: 1-15 ; Mission B: 16-31).
- Each Mental Mission can consist of several Mission Assignments. Each Assignment adds XIO to that Mission’s Total Reward Pool. Exact amounts will be announced and are set at the council’s discretion.
- Each Mission completes with an Assessment Period (review period) within its last 5 days.
- Mission A: 1 - 15 – Assessment: 11 - 15
- Mission B: 16 - 31 – Assessment: 27 - 31
- Within the Assessment Period all Mental Crew Members can take part in collectively assessing each other’s reward. This will be done using the tool by coordinape.com (Details discussed in Discord).
- Please join the @MentalCrew by registering your wallet using typeform below:
(Please allow for some time since your address will have to manually be whitelisted on the backend.)
Since we are introducing a fundamentally new logic we expect some changes and adjustments to become necessary over time. Therefore the program will start off more as an experiment than a finished product. The start can be thought of as a focus group testing the new tool.
Find the first ever Mental Assignment in our Discord. Discuss it on the forum.
New Mental Missions Assignments will be announced in Discord.
[For now any council members will be excluded from earning rewards on Mental Missions.]
The stated rules are not set in stone but allow us to apply changes in several ways. Once we gain first insight into how this setup helps reach our goals, relevant adjustments will be discussed. These can include things like:
- the duration of each Mental Mission
- the duration and positioning of each Assessment
- the number of Mission Assignments per Mission
- the amount XIO alloted to each Assignment
- the maximum number of Mental Crew Members that can join the Mental Crew
- the way someone can join the Blockzero Mental Crew and potential eligibility requirements like certain amount XIO holdings or previous participation in discussions
- the relative influence each Mental Crew Member has when it comes to the Assessment Period and allocating rewards
- the platform where the Mental Mission Assignments will be discussed (discord or this discourse forum)?
Please put all question and your feedback about these new rules or the coordinape tool here (for future reference) or on our discord (for quick response).
Let’s explore these new possibilities together!