It very much depends on the strategic goals for each project but here’s my overall view on this great concept of KPI options:
What is the KPI we want to hit?
• Total number of citizens / number of new citizens;
• Total volume of liquidity / volume of liquidity from new users;
• Total volume of the LP programme / volume of LP programme from new citizens;
• Average liquidity per citizen;
If we are looking for focusing on specific citizen demographics, we can create KPIs for the different segments like: small, mid, big (whales). How many XIO holders do we want to have in the different levels depending on the value each category adds to the project?
• Total volume staked in the protocol for X amount of time (at least a month);
• Total number of users;
• Average staked FLASH per user;
• Number of pairs available (with a minimum volume of liquidity and period of time);
Total TVL in the protocol
Not sure how relevant other suggestions I could make having very limited understanding for that specific project.
Who are the individuals that will receive this option?
Depending on the goals it should be a mix of:
• current citizens (rewarding early adopters/investors in the project);
• new citizens (who join within the campaign period),
• liquidity providers for the different protocols (drop KPI options as a bonus to the current LP programme and maybe revise the whole LP programme integrating the KPI options In it)
Again, if you’d like you can segment the levels of the citizens and distribute KPIs pro-rata if you believe in the added effect that the whales could have in regard of marketing (boosting the awareness for BlockZero Labs and its projects).
How many tokens are we going to offer up?
Very hard to judge it right because I believe it’s a matter of an overall strategy and planning.
Depending on the tokenomics of each project maybe between 20% and 25% of the total amount.
When do these tokens expire?
Taking into consideration the short attention span in crypto I think the best approach would be to have several campaigns with shorter terms – like 3 months and if you decide to be a longer one not more than 6 months.
Then re-evaluate the results and fine tune the KPIs for a next campaign period.
This way the whole concept will stay fresh and if you segment incentives for new and old citizens both groups would be always involved.