Please provide your thoughts on two specific questions:
- Should the total supply be proportionally increased or reduced before the distribution starts?
- How many AQUA tokens should be put into the Blockzero Index Fund?
- [BONUS] What information would you want to see in the upcoming AquaFi Stats page?
1. Total Supply
Should the total supply be proportionally increased or reduced before the distribution starts?
This question is about whether you believe the total supply should be increased or reduced. Here are some considerations:
- The higher the total supply, the lower the initial price per token. The lower the supply, the higher the initial price per token.
- The way people would feel if they saw their earned Aqua tokens increased or decreased before distribution.
- The estimates currently show that the total AQUA earned from snapshots by the end of March will be just under 700 million and by the end of the year will be under 800 million. The total supply would therefore be around these numbers not including AQUA going to the index fund and/or Aqua being used for marketing purposes (eg AquaFi Protocol | Marketing Initiative Proposal #XIOfeedback).
- This is what the distribution would look like for someone holding 25,000 XIO in the XLP from January through to December if we do not change the total supply, if we divide the total supply by 100 and if we multiply the total supply by 100.
|Month||XLP Holdings||Aqua Earnings (no change)||Aqua Earnings (/100)||Aqua Earnings (*100)|
2. Index Fund
How many AQUA tokens should be put into the Blockzero Index Fund?
The vote on snapshot.page was met with a resounding “Yes” with over 5.2 million XIO tokens voting “Yes” and less than 20,000 XIO tokens voting “No”.
Today we are asking what number of AQUA tokens you believe should be put into the Index fund when Aqua launches. Some important considerations:
- Tokens in the index fund can only be redeemed by burning a proportional % of XIO tokens - eg to obtain 10% of all the tokens in the index fund, 10% of all XIO tokens must be burned.
- A higher % of tokens in the Index fund means increasing the total supply of Aqua
- The more tokens in the Index fund, the more financial incentive for Blockzero citizens to follow and actively participate in future projects.
What percentage of the AQUA total supply should be put into the Index fund? This number can range from anywhere between 10% to 90%.
[BONUS] Aquastats Metrics
What information would you want to see in the upcoming AquaFi Stats page?
As someone who is looking to use the protocol, what key metrics or statistics would you want to see about the AquaFi protocol? Some metrics could include:
- Total Value Locked
- Total Fees Generated
- Current Aqua Price
You can find more examples on the Flashstats page located here: https://stats.flashstake.io/